Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Please Welcome....

Denique Bryelle Brown

Denique was born on November 28th 2008 at 9:36 A.M. She weighed 7 Lbs and 10 Ounces and was 19 inches long. I went into the hospital on Thanksgiving night to be started, when I arrived I was already at a 3. Well as the night went on the pitocin (inducing medicine) starting stressing the baby's heart rate and it kept dropping. So they took me off of pitocin put me on oxygen and decided to wait. Her heart finally went back to normal and they decided to break my water. Thats when they noticed that she had marconium (Sp?) where they baby poops in the amniotic fluid, which is dangerous to the baby after they come out if they take their first breath without having it removed. So they started me back on pitocin and my doctor came in to check me around nine in the morning. When he checked me I was still at a 3 but having contractions that were only a minute apart and strong enough that he said that I should be around an 8 or 9. So he thought it would probably be best if we went with a C-Section. he said I could continue the normal way but if the baby showed the slightest amount of stress that he would take me C-Section anyways. So I decided instead of taking the chances of stressing out her heart or anything else that it would be best to go with a C-Section. (all my hard work after being in labor for ten hours) He got me right in to the operating room and we had our baby girl like a half hour later!! Everything is great now. We got home on monday and we are enjoying her sweet spirit and cute little face!

I tried posting pictures but it wont let me :( I will keep trying

7 comments:

marcie said...

So glad everyone is safe, healthy, and FINALLY HERE! I've totally been wishing that baby would come out of you, but I didn't want to say anything b/c obviously you already knew that you wanted her out, and you didn't need other people telling you that... but I'm glad that she's finally here. Congratulations :)

jake.shalise said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHE IS HERE!!! I texted you to see if she was here yet! ha ha ha! I'm so happy for you... post photos ASAP!! I want to come over and see her... let us know when is good! We are soooo happy for you both!

Cassidy Meine said...

I'm so glad you guys are home and healthy!! I know that first week home after the surgery is rough, but I totally want to come visit when you are feeling up to it! I'll get ahold of you! I'm so happy for you guys!

Tarah Peacock said...

Oh good, I'm glad you posted about her! I know everybody was just as anxious as I was. I am glad things are going so well. Can't wait to see you again!

Cami said...

she is so so cute! i'm so glad that you are home and everything! that is awesome. you will love having a cute little one in your home, its teh best! they just grow up so quick!

Marley said...

Congrats!!! So glad everything went well and you and the baby are both doing great!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

About Us said...

yeah! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics of her!!