Monday, October 24, 2011

Ghost

On Saturday we took Denique to a children's play. The play was the Counterville Ghost. I thought since kids were playing the parts that it couldnt be that scary, and Eriks cousin was playing in it. (it wasnt scary but I am also 24 and Denique is almost 3) She watched the whole thing not being scared, sat by herself didnt need to be held. At intermission she ran and played with all her aunts and uncles, not saying anything about how the play was scary. If anyone asked her about it she said she liked it. I didnt think anything about it, so Saturday night when we put her to bed and everything was normal I thought she would be ok. She woke saying that there was a scary ghost in her room, I just put her back to bed and she was fine. The next morning she didn't say anything about it. Well Last night, oh last night, poor girl. She woke up crying and I sent Erik into get her. (Lately she hasn't liked when her dad goes in and usually I end up going in to put her back to bed. She listens to me but not to him) As soon as he open the door and saw it was him she screamed (like she was being tortured, it was not just a normal one, it was straight out of a horror movie) then all I hear is Erik saying " oh my heck, what the heck, Denique, Denique!" By this time, which is like 4 seconds total, I am out of bed running to them. So many thoughts going through my head. Is her room on Fire? She has little pumpkin lights in her room and I am always paranoid about it. Did someone break her window? I would have heard it. When I saw them she was kicking punching and screaming at Erik because he had picked her up. She has never done this. She came right to me and clung to me for dear life. She wouldnt even let me pull her away to just look at her face. I had to hold her for like 5 minutes, with her clinging to me and saying that she was scared. I finally was able to talk to her while still holding her but I could see her face and she kept telling me to hold her tight and her big eyes were looking around the room. Needless to say she slept in my bed the rest of the night. So my theory of why she was scared of Erik is because he sleeps in his Garments, (all white like a ghost) and she thought he was one then he picked her up which scared her!
I am hoping that this will go away but until then, anyone have any ideas to get rid of ghosts?

1 comment:

Jessi Fogg said...

Tyler was scared of Aliens and wouldn't sleep and it was driving Carlye crazy so I made him some Anti Alien Spray out of a Scentsy Room Spray and told him to spray it in his room every night. Evan has nightmares about a monkey in his closet :)